Bengaluru 26th Oct 2023 : Hosting a dating life debrief with friends is a time-honored tradition, so much so that over 75% of surveyed singles said they discuss their dating life with friends multiple times a month.1 To assist today’s singles and their dating deliberators in deeming if someone is worthy of a Like, Tinder, the world’s most popular dating app for meeting new people, is launching Tinder MatchmakerTM. The new feature lets friends and family asynchronously access Tinder to recommend profiles for a user.
The feature makes modern dating a team sport by essentially integrating the “friend test” into Tinder. Users can now invite others, whether they have a Tinder profile or not, to view and suggest potential matches. It gives Tinder users the added intel of seeing who their friends Like for them when considering a potential match but, just like in real life, the user ultimately decides who they want to send a Like to.
In fact, according to a survey by Tinder, GenZ across India are no stranger to letting their friends swipe on dating apps on their behalf.
● Over a third (37%) have swiped for a friend, and close to a third (28%) have had their friends swipe for them
● 41% young singles in India said they have been on a dating app with a friend looking through profiles together
● More than half (54%) admit to having asked their friend for their advice on profile pictures and bios for dating apps.
“For years, singles have asked their friends to help find their next match on Tinder, and now we’re making that so easy with Tinder Matchmaker,” says Melissa Hobley, Chief Marketing Officer at Tinder. “Tinder Matchmaker brings your circle of trust into your dating journey and helps you see the possibilities you might be overlooking from the perspective of those closest to you.”
Here’s How Tinder Matchmaker Works:
● A Tinder Matchmaker session can be started directly from a profile card, or within app settings. Users can share their unique link with up to 15 friends in a 24 hour period.
● After following the link, the matchmaker can either log in to Tinder or continue as a guest (after completing an age verification prompt and agreeing to Tinder’s terms as outlined).
● Matchmakers have 24 hours to play cupid before the session expires, where they can recommend profiles for the Tinder user but won’t be able to chat or send messages on their behalf.
● Once the session expires, Tinder users will have the opportunity to review the profiles their matchmakers’ Like for them. Profiles that received a Like from a matchmaker will be marked as a “recommendation” (profiles sent a Nope won’t change).
● The Tinder user still makes the final call on who to Like – but now knows who their friends are rooting for.
Tinder Matchmaker is available now in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Vietnam, and will be rolling out to Tinder users globally in the coming months.