India, 12th April 2023 – Anthill Ventures, a leading Indian global venture capital and speed-scaling ecosystem, announced the selection of five startups from Singapore for the fifth cohort of its GIA (Global Innovation Alliance) Program. The program is run in partnership with Enterprise Singapore, the Singapore government’s agency responsible for developing enterprises and fostering the country’s startup ecosystem.
The GIA (Global Innovation Alliance) Program is an opportunity for startups to acclimatise to the Indian Urbantech ecosystem, build market access connects and engage with funding opportunities. The fifth edition of the program focused on Urban Technology, which includes Mobility, Energy, Proptech, Waste, Water and Sanitation, and Smart City Applications- Ailytics, Bizsu, Hydroleap, sepPure, SwiftIOT are the five startups selected for the program, each with the potential to make a significant impact in the Indian market.
The four-week experiential program is tailored to provide two weeks of knowledge sessions from key stakeholders across the Indian Urbantech ecosystem, including corporate leaders, investors, startup mentors, and government officials. These sessions are designed to introduce participants to the dynamic Urbantech ecosystem and equip them with the necessary tools and strategies to effectively enter and scale their startups in India. The program offered the startups two weeks of one-on-one networking opportunities with over 10 relevant stakeholders from corporates, investors, mentors, and ecosystem players. These connections were carefully curated to help the companies set up a strong base and rapidly scale their business operations in India.
Concluding the four weeks, Anthill organised an Ecosystem Mixer on 6th April in Bengaluru, to bring together key players of the startup ecosystem and provide an opportunity for the selected startups to network, interact, and forge new connections with investors and market access providers. The event witnessed a footfall for over 50 investors and marquee Urbantech stakeholders. The event featured engaging talks, presentations, and panel discussions from industry experts and thought leaders.
The program will also offer an optional three month-long, deeply immersive experience, which will focus on converting leads to pilot testbeds and contracts. Startups will have access to Anthill’s network of top-level management, market access clientele, mentorship and investors for market entry opportunities in India.
Prasad Vanga, CEO of Anthill Ventures, said, “We believe that the Global Innovation Alliance Program is a crucial step towards creating a strong network of global entrepreneurs and supporting the growth of the Indian startup ecosystem. We are honoured to collaborate with Enterprise Singapore and partner with these innovative Singaporean startups to drive Urban Tech innovation in India.”
About the 5 startups:
- Video Analytics and Monitoring for the construction industry: Ailytics – They are an early-stage startup that has raised funding from friends and family and is currently raising their Seed round. With over 10 Singaporean clients, their MVP is ready and validated.
- Industrial Wastewater Treatment: Hydroleap – They are now raising their Series A round. They have received funding from top VCs like Spark Labs, SG innovate, Wavemaker, Seeds Capital and Entrepreneur First.
- Membrane technology for chemical separation from solvents: Seppure – As a pre-revenue startup, they have validated their MVP and raised their Series A round from SOSV, SG Innovate, and Entrepreneur First. They are currently seeking to raise their Series B round.
- Proprietary energy solutions for Aircons: Bizsu – It is an early-stage company raising their Seed round.
- Real-time Data Tracking and Monitoring: Swift IOT– As an early-stage company, they are currently raising their seed round and have already acquired five clients in Singapore.
With India’s Urban Technology market projected to reach $350B by 2025 and over 100 corporate partners, 30+ investors, and 53 cities with a population of over 1M, the program provides an important opportunity for Singaporean startups to enter this rapidly growing market. India’s startup ecosystem is one of the fastest growing in the world, and the GIA (Global Innovation Alliance) Program provides startups with access to this thriving market. Previous Global Innovation Alliance Program have supported 10 UrbanTech startups, 8 MediaTech startups, 7 HealthTech startups, and 6 Enterprise SAAS startups.