Mumbai, August 5th, 2023
Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited reported its consolidated financial results for the first quarter ended 30th June, 2023.
- Net Sales grew 18% to Rs.1486 crores for the quarter.
- Net Profit for the quarter at Rs.121 crores.
Mr. Pranav Amin, Managing Director, Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited said “The company grew in all the business segments with India outperforming the market with 9% growth, Ex US generics grew 46%, API grew 31% and the US generics business grew 6%. We have also started commercializing products from our Oncology and Injectable Facilities”
India Branded Business
- Branded Business up by 9% to Rs. 524 Cr in the quarter.
- Branded Business reflected growth of 11%* better than industry growth of 9%*.
- Specialty therapies recorded growth of 12%* vis a vis industry growth of 7%*.
- Acute therapies recorded growth of 16%* vis a vis Industry growth of 10%*. In Anti Infective, Industry has shown growth of 10%* where as Alembic recorded 19%* growth.
- Animal Health business recorded growth of 11% over PY Q1.
* IQVIA Qtr June ’23
- US Generics up 6% to Rs. 390 crores in the quarter.
- Ex-US International Formulations grew 46% to Rs. 266 Crores in the quarter.
- 5 ANDA approvals received during the quarter; 184 Cumulative ANDA approvals.
- 5 ANDA filings during the quarter; Cumulative ANDA filings at 250.
- API business grew 31% at Rs. 305 crores in the quarter.
- 131 cumulative DMF Filings.
The summary of Total Revenue is as under:
(Rs in Crores)
|Particulars||Q1 FY24||Q1 FY23||% Change|